- 5-gallon bucket with lid (cut hole in middle of lid for plunger handle to fit through)
- Toilet plunger (brand-new, clean)
- Store in bucket:
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Stain remover/stain stick
- Vinegar (add 1/2 cup to rinse water) helps remove soap
- Rope (for clothes line)
- Clothes pins
- Empty contents of bucket.
- Place water, small amount of detergent, and clothes in bucket.
- Move plunger up and down for a few minutes or until clothes are clean.
- Remove soapy clothes and ring them out.
- Dump out soapy water (on your garden or lawn.)
- Place soapy clothes in bucket and fill with clear, clean water.
- Add 1/2 cup vinegar to rinse water.
- Move plunger up and down to rinse clothing.
- Wring out clothes and hang to dry.
Conserve water - use rinse water for next load of laundry.
NOTE: You could store two 5-gallon buckets, stack one inside of the other. Use one bucket for the soapy water and the other for the rinse water. You may be able to wash and rinse a couple of batches of clothes without changing the soapy water depending on how dirty the clothes are.
As found on: http://preparednessnibblesandbits.blogspot.com